
Karnataka ministers demand an investigation into the alleged honey trap scandal.
Bengaluru: Cutting across party lines, legislators and ministers in Karnataka have alleged that ‘honey traps’ are being used for political gains. Karnataka’s Public Works Minister Satish Jarkiholi claimed that a senior minister in the state was targeted twice unsuccessfully through honey trap attempts. This was corroborated by Cooperation Minister K.N. Rajanna, who stated that he too had faced two failed attempts to entrap him. He has demanded a police investigation into the matter.
Karnataka Home Minister G. Parameshwara, supporting the opposition’s demand during the budget session on Thursday, assured that a high-level inquiry would be conducted into such cases. Responding to the allegations, Parameshwara emphasized the need to curb such practices. He stated in the Assembly that in order to uphold the dignity of its members, such incidents must be stopped.
Minister Jarkiholi’s Allegation: Two Failed Attempts on Senior Minister
Rajanna Says Karnataka Has Become a Hub for CDs and Pen Drives, Calls for Probe
Karnataka Assembly
This is a very serious issue.
During the discussion on the state’s budget session, BJP MLA Basanagouda Patil Yatnal claimed that political rivals were resorting to blackmail tactics. Meanwhile, Cooperation Minister K.N. Rajanna informed the House that 48 individuals in the state have fallen victim to honey traps, with their obscene videos being circulated widely. Rajanna remarked that many believe Karnataka has turned into a factory for CDs and pen drives.
He revealed that a powerful minister from Tumakuru had been targeted through a honey trap. He urged the Home Minister to conduct a necessary investigation into the matter. Public Works Minister Satish Jarkiholi added, “Two attempts were made, but they were unsuccessful. This is not the first honey trap incident in Karnataka. Such tactics should not be used in politics.”
Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar also supported the demand for a police investigation into the matter. Speaking to the media, he said, “A complaint should first be lodged at the police station, and then a proper inquiry should be conducted.” Former BJP minister B. Sunil Kumar had raised this issue in the Assembly.
Leave a Reply